We ordered over 300 Chromebooks to launch the 2013-14 school year. Knowing they were coming, we wanted to ensure teachers and admin we were ready to launch come September.
We did this in a variety of ways:
- Using grant funds to train a cohort over the summer with ongoing training
- Teaching a 5-week Teacher Center course to K-12 teachers in the evening
- Organizing faculty meetings with "Google Sessions" for every teacher
- Hosting monthly Google training sessions for our administrators
- Providing parent technology evenings to show parents how Google will be used in the classroom.
We've since added more Chromebooks and a District of teachers and students who are using Google Drive, Apps for Education, Communities and Plus (to name a few) in a short time. We want to share our work with others!